Engineers at Linaro held their first ever Virtual Linaro Connect event last week (13 – 17 August 2012) and by all accounts it was a success. Many thanks to the planners, the presenters, and the participants for making this Virtual Connect event successful!
The event was held using Google + Hangouts on Air allowing for multiple presenters, live streaming and each of the 15 sessions was recorded for future viewing. You can find the session on the Linaro On Air YouTube Channel and Google + Page.
In case you missed the Virtual Connect, or your wondering what the fuss is about, or maybe you’re trying to decide if you should attend the next Linaro Connect event in person then check out these sessions for a taste of what the future of Linux on Arm is all about.
Here’s the list of the sessions and the presenters from the Virtual Connect.
- VC Session 1: Analyzing vectorizer performance regressions in GCC 4.7 and 4.8 - Michael Hope
- VC Session 2: Bootstrapping OpenEmbedded for ARMv8′s AArch64 – Ricardo Salveti
- VC Session 3: Breaking New Ground Through Host-Side Test Automation (with LAVA) – Andy Doan
- VC Session 4: Streamlining Manual QA Testing of ARM Devices - Paul Larson
- VC Session 5: Single Kernel Binary for ARM Devices: A Health Check - Deepak Sexena
- VC Session 6: Android and Traditional Linux: Differences and Convergence Plans - Zach Pfeffer
- VC Session 7: The big.LITTLE MP Roadmap – Amit Kucheria
- VC Session 8: Bridging the Gaps in the Android and Linux Graphics Stacks – Jesse Barker
- VC Session 9: A closer look at Dalvik and native performance on the Cortex A9 and A15 – Zach Pfeffer
- VC Session 10: Exploring The Performance Impact of PGO and LTO on ARM - Michael Hope
- VC Session 11: Adding support for new Android platforms in Linaro, Summer Edition - Zach Pfeffer
- VC Session 12: Collecting Linux test results in QA Dashboards for LAVA - Paul Larson
- VC Session 13: Idling SoCs in a busy world: cpuidle, hotplug and beyond - Amit Kucheria
- VC Session 14: Bringing ARM STM support to Linux: A Status Update - Deepak Sexena
- VC Session 15: Functional Regression Testing for Graphical Environments - Jesse Barker
Speaking of the future and Linaro Connect Events, the next Linaro Connect (LCE 12 Copenhagen) will be held from 29 October to 2 November 2012 at the Bella Center located in Copenhagen, Denmark. More information about LCE 12 can be found on the Linaro Connect site. Updates will be added throughout the coming weeks so stay tuned! (If those dates and venue sound familiar to some that’s because Linaro Connect and UDS are co-located this time around. Hope to see you there:-D )